Official Screenwriting Blog of the Black List
Core III: Character
Five character archetypes
1-week online class
Work with Scott Myers
Starts August 4
Learn more here.
Plot, Concept, Character, Style, Scene, Dialogue, Theme, Time.
Self-paced, plus eight 1-week classes.
Nearly 50% savings.
Click here for more information.
Break your story in prep
Unique online workshop
Starts August 18
To ask Scott a question or contact him via email, click here.
Subscribe to Go Into the Story by Email
Click here to follow GITS RSS feed.
The secrets to genre-writing revealed by Vulture:
See, that’s not so hard!
What other move genre ‘recipes’ could you come up with?
Posted in humor, infographic, screenwriting |
Tagged Tags: Genre, Genre Movies |
How about a family movie?
1. Family intact
2. Not-all-that-threatening monster attacks
3. Kids deal with threat on their own
4. Family reunited
1. Hero estranged from wife/child
2. Wife/child kidnapped
3. Hero shoots and beats up everything in his path (extra points for destroying vehicles and infrastructure)
4. Hero reconciled with wife/child
The movies in these recipes would only be 2 minutes long at best. It’s the other 108 minutes of material that makes a difference.
You must be logged in to post a comment.