Official Screenwriting Blog of the Black List
Beyond ‘sympathy’ and ‘flaw’
Work with Scott Myers
Begins April 28
Learn more here.
Learn keys to conflict
1-week online class
Begins May 12
To ask Scott a question or contact him via email, click here.
Subscribe to Go Into the Story by Email
Click here to follow GITS RSS feed.
The secrets to genre-writing revealed by Vulture:
See, that’s not so hard!
What other move genre ‘recipes’ could you come up with?
Posted in humor, infographic, screenwriting |
Tagged Tags: Genre, Genre Movies |
How about a family movie?
1. Family intact
2. Not-all-that-threatening monster attacks
3. Kids deal with threat on their own
4. Family reunited
1. Hero estranged from wife/child
2. Wife/child kidnapped
3. Hero shoots and beats up everything in his path (extra points for destroying vehicles and infrastructure)
4. Hero reconciled with wife/child
The movies in these recipes would only be 2 minutes long at best. It’s the other 108 minutes of material that makes a difference.
You must be logged in to post a comment.