Official Screenwriting Blog of the Black List
1 week online class
Go beyond ‘sympathy’
Go deeper than ‘flaw’
Work with Scott Myers
Starts April 27
Learn more here.
Study Joss Whedon
Character crafting keys
Work with Tom Benedek
Starts May 4
Learn more here
To ask Scott a question or contact him via email, click here.
Subscribe to Go Into the Story by Email
Click here to follow GITS RSS feed.
The secrets to genre-writing revealed by Vulture:
See, that’s not so hard!
What other move genre ‘recipes’ could you come up with?
Posted in humor, infographic, screenwriting |
Tagged Tags: Genre, Genre Movies |
How about a family movie?
1. Family intact
2. Not-all-that-threatening monster attacks
3. Kids deal with threat on their own
4. Family reunited
1. Hero estranged from wife/child
2. Wife/child kidnapped
3. Hero shoots and beats up everything in his path (extra points for destroying vehicles and infrastructure)
4. Hero reconciled with wife/child
The movies in these recipes would only be 2 minutes long at best. It’s the other 108 minutes of material that makes a difference.
You must be logged in to post a comment.