For any of you who will be in the vicinity of Los Angeles on Saturday, June 29th, there are eight more free tickets to this event: “Craft Your Future: Surviving and Thriving as a Screenwriter”.
Sat, June 29, 2013
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
This year, we’re going all out for our Screenwriting Craft Symposium, with an entire day’s worth of panels full of exciting guests:
- John August and Craig Mazin, who will record an episode of their SCRIPTNOTES podcast at the event — and take questions from all of you;
- Travis Beacham (writer, PACIFIC RIM);
- Karl Gajdusek (writer, OBLIVION);
- Evan Daugherty (writer, the upcoming KILLING SEASON starring Robert De Niro)
- Edward Ricourt (writer, NOW YOU SEE ME);
- Franklin Leonard, founder of The Black List;
- Greg Beal, director of the Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting;
- Matt Dy, Screenplay & Teleplay Competition Director for the Austin Film Festival.
- And more!
We’re still bringing more panelists on board, so check back here for updates.
The Early Bird discount is still available. So get your tickets now!
Quite a lineup! Also note the event is sponsored by the Black List.
Tickets cost $85 and you can purchase them here.
But Franklin has eight free tickets he’s giving away and here is how you can be eligible to get one:
In comments, write words of encouragement to someone you don’t know about to embark on writing their first complete screenplay. No more than 100 words.
Deadline: Midnight (Pacific) today. Eight more lucky winners to be judged by Franklin.
NOTE: Previous winners Blake Kuehn and Jake Lasker, contact me on how to obtain your free tickets.
You can find out more about the Writers Guild Foundation here.
You may follow the Writers Guild Foundation on Twitter: @WritersGuildF.