Four questions for you:
* Are you prone to starting scripts, but not finishing them?
* Do you get lost when you are writing your script, then lose faith in it – and yourself?
* Have you received feedback that your scripts have thin characters or weak plots?
* Do you have a great concept for a spec script you want to get to market as smartly and quickly as you can?
The Prep: From Concept to Outline class is designed for you.
This 6-week online workshop is unique, offering a professional approach to developing and ‘breaking’ your story. Combining lectures, weekly writing assignments, feedback, and teleconferences, it is a proven approach to take you through the prep-writing process.
Plus if you do the work, you not only end up with an outline, you also learn an approach to prep-writing you can adopt and adapt to fit your own creative needs.
Let’s take those four questions from above one by one:
* The single biggest reason why writers start but fail to finish scripts is because they don’t really know their story. In our 6-week Prep class, the focus is on precisely that: finding your story.
* The best way to avoid getting lost when you type FADE IN is to break your story in prep, like most pros do. If you do the work, at the end of the Prep workshop, you will have a thorough outline of your story, enabling you to power into the page-writing process with confidence.
* The work you do in the Prep course targets both character and plot, so you can end up with well-defined and richly drawn characters, and a solid story structure.
* Breaking your story in prep actually speeds up the scripting process, enabling you to get from concept to market faster than if you try to find your story by writing pages.
Here are some testimonials from writers who have taken the Prep: From Concept to Outline workshop:
“You gave us just the right amount of ideas, encouragement, and support to discover, develop, and design a real workable blueprint to take into the page writing.” – David Broyles
“The Prep class has given me a set of practical tools to use to take the bare glimmer of a concept to outline in six weeks.” – James Tichenor
I honestly can’t wait to get started on this script now, and to use what I’ve learned in Prep to go back and rewrite other scripts.” – Paul Labich
The approach in the Prep class works. I know this not only from working with writers in our online courses, but also through private sessions I have had with professional screenwriters, even playwrights to help them crack their stories.
The upcoming Prep workshop begins Monday, August 18.
Isn’t it time you learned to approach your screenwriting like most of the pros do — breaking their story in prep? Sign up now for the next session of Prep: From Concept to Outline by going here.